Summer has got me in the mood to go out on my bike again, and I think your kids should have just as much fun as mine do this summer! So today I finally have a new balance bike to show you, and boy is this one awesome! Not only is it adjustable so your child can ride up to 5 years old (amazing already!) but it comes in so many colors you’re bound to find one your child will love. And it’s so affordable as well! Just don’t forget your helmet.
The 12 Sport No-Pedal Balance Bike offers every feature a child (or parent) could want with custom grips, padded saddle, handlebar pad, and quick release clamps (no-tool adjustment). It is the perfect balance of performance, options, and value. More than eight years of design evolution and manufacturing improvements all packaged into one model. In addition, it comes with a second padded saddle and extra long seat post to fit a taller, 3- 5 year old child.
Strider 12 Sport No-Pedal Balance Bike Key Features
- The 12 Sport is Strider’s flagship model, loved by parents worldwide. 2015 version includes padded seat; 2013 version includes standard seat only.
- Easy, safe, and natural way for toddlers to learn to ride on two wheels without the hassles and complications of pedals or training wheels.
- Easy to assemble and adjust; Lowest seat height, lightest weight, and widest adjustment range; Properly fits 18 month-5 year olds.
- Only Genuine STRIDER Bikes offer you access to Strider Accessories, Educational Camps, Play Zones, and Strider Championship Racing.
- Over 1 Million people have chosen Genuine STRIDER Bikes! Scroll down for reviews, detailed product information and model comparisons.
- The only bike or ride-on the toddler/preschooler in your life will ever need. Start as young as 18 months and ride to 5 years old.
- 2015 STRIDER and Custom models include a bonus, taller seat post and padded saddle for the taller child.
- No-tools needed for quick assembly and no tools needed for seat and handlebar adjustment.
- Maintenance-free, light weight tires guaranteed to last a long time and never go flat.
- Super light weight (6.7 pounds) so that even your toddler can lift and handle it.
- Max rider weight: 60 pounds
What People Are Saying
I first Spotted these balance bikes at a car show and was amazed at the kids ability to ride around on it so I started my research and was hooked on the idea.
Primary reasons for choosing a Strider over the other manufacturers was that it’s seat can go as low as 11″, it has a steel frame, and the new ST-3 has the small grips. Given that this was being given to an 18 month old, the smaller the better. Reviews on various sites also helped seal the deal over the wooden bikes and some of the composites. I would’ve considered a kinderbike but besides their own website, they seem hard to find. The wooden ones I’ve seen all look pretty beat up and more like a ‘craft’ instead of an actual bike. Their website marketing showing kids riding their striders like BMX bikes brought me in too, although it’ll be a while before my little one does that!
May be an exception to the rule but…
This is the 1st balance bike we’ve tried, and it may simply be an unfortunate scenario with this brand but I’m not sure. I really was not pleased with the purchase and don’t see the $120 spent as being a good value. Please keep in mind that I truly have no idea if my experience is consistent with others or not. Maybe my expectations are not realistic. BUT… here is what I’ve found:
Price and Recommendation
Despite what some people are saying about the price, I believe it’s worth it. With all the features, longevity, lightweight frame – and let’s not forget easy assembly, fellow parents! – it’s more than a fair price. When your child can use a balance bike for up to 5 years, I’d say go ahead and take that opportunity! For the best price and to read all the reviews, check it out on Amazon!